Saturday, October 26, 2019

'Curse of the Werewolf' - Ken Hill musical theatre programme






I came across this theatre programme for the Ken Hill musical 'The Curse of the Werewolf' quite recently. I had heard of Ken Hill before and I knew that he also did plays/musicals for 'The Phantom of the Opera' and 'The Invisible Man'. When I looked him up and saw that he also did 'The Curse of the Werewolf' I was intrigued. I have no idea if it is based at all on the Hammer film starring Oliver Reed, but seeing this brochure with the wonderful drawing of Oliver Reed as Leon the Werewolf which I think is the same artwork from the adaptation of the film by John Bolton featured in 'House of Hammer' magazine, I just had to have a copy of the programme. I have only included a few pages here which are more relevant this blog. One nice little touch is the mention of selling Walls 'Monster' lollies during the interval. I wonder if these are the 'Magic Monster' ice lollies which came out about the time of this production in 1980, the ones in which the wrapper would reveal a monster on the front when the lolly was taken out the wrapper. See an ad below. Never actually seen a photo of them or remember them from that time.

No comments: